Creating the Printer Share On Windows
1. Make sure the Windows computer that you will share the printer from has a printer installed and is functioning.
2. Next, share the printer on your XP Computer by clicking on Start \ Settings \ Printers and Faxes. On Vista and Windows 7, click on Start \ Control Panel \ Printers.
Then right click on the printer and select Properties. In the Properties window of the printer, click on the Sharing tab. Tick on box that says Share this Printer note the name of the printer.
3. Right-click My Computer, Click Properties, In the Properties window, click the Computer Name tab. Within this tab you’ll be able to see the full computer name, workgroup and also a description.
View printer on other computert:
4. Click on Start \ Run \ Type in name of the other computer with two forward slashes e.g. \\bobscomputer Hit enter
5. This should bring up list of shares on this computer and the printers and faxes.
6. Double click on printer you want to install, this should install your printer now allowing you to select from printers.
Other things to note:
Related to step 6, Printer might need drivers when you double click on other computer. If so insert CD and direct wizard to CD using browser button.
Related to step 4, this may say you have no access to view. Make sure firewall allows you access or turn it off temperately.