This will have to be done immediately after it happens.
- Turn it off. If need be, do a hard shutdown.
- OR Take out battery ASAP
- Clean up excess liquid with a soft cloth. n.b Don’t wipe, so not to pushes the liquid around.
- Remove any extra medium, External drives, Removable bays and External Network Cards. n.b you may have to get small screwdriver to take off backplate.
- Clean up the liquid that may have gotten on the removable media.
- Do not take apart all the casing.
- Put laptop on side to allow the liquid to drain out.
- Place upside down so that any excess liquid that you couldn’t reach will drain out.
- Use a blow dryer if you have one and set it on the coolest setting. Be Carefull keep on low heat and low power.
- Place in hotpress if do not have blow drier.
- The minimum recommended drying time is one hour. Leave laptop to dry for at least 24 to 48 hours in hotpress, longer the better.
- Once your laptop has had time to dry, reattach the removable components and start up the laptop.
Most common issues after drying out:
- Certain keys do will start not to work.
- Computer makes beeping noises.
- Computer will not turn on.
If the laptop does not start up or there are other problems, it is time to take your laptop to CK Computer Solutions.