How to Image a computer from Acronis Backup.
- Install your copy of Acronis True Image.
- Open up the True Image application and choose to Create Bootable Rescue Media.
- Click on Create Bootable Rescue Media
- Following wizard to backup to hard disk or local list. In this case we backed up to a external disk.
- Save out image to external hard disk called MyBackup1.tib
- Create Acronis Bootable CD.
Restoring From Image:
- Backup any files on the laptop that might be wanted.
- Place the “Acronis Bootable Disc” disk into the disc drive and plug the external hardrive into a usb port.
- Restart the laptop while continuously tapping F12 (or any boot options when computer starts up).
- Select CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive from the list and hit enter.
- Click on “Acronis True Image Home (Full Version)”.
- Click on “Recovery” in the right panel.
- Hit next.
- Click the + beside LACIE (Name of External Hard disk) on the left and select MyBackup1.tib.
- Hit next.
- Ensure “Restore disks or paritions” is selected and hit next again.
- Tick the box beside “Disk 1” and hit next.
- Click Disk 1 (it should have “IDE(0) Primary Master” in the interface column) and hit next.
- Click “Yes” and next.
- Click “No” and next.
- Hit next and then Proceed.
- The process can take over an hour.