How safe is your password?
First a few things to think about. Most people pick something that is easy and relates to them in a personal way. This is the wrong way to do it, any person who puts a bit of thought into it can guess your password. Your not under risk from other people guessing computers can run threw a few hundred passwords changing numbers letters etc.. guessing your password over and over again.
Do not use the same password for everything, check out some password managers these can help you hold lots of password securely and not having same password for everything. Check out LastPass https://lastpass.com/ , Super Gen Pass
Things YOU MUST avoid:
* Don’t use a password that contains personal information (name, birth date, etc.)
* Don’t use repeating characters (aa11).
* Don’t use words or acronyms that can be found in a dictionary.
* Don’t use keyboard patterns e.g. (qwerty) or sequential numbers (123456789).
* Don’t write down your passwords.
* Don’t email your passwords
* Change your passwords once a year
Tips for creating a secure password:
* Use marks and/or numbers. e.g. ()-.!;:/`@$%^&*()-_+=345971
* Mix capital and lowercase letters. e.g CHeNe36F
* Include phonetic replacements.
Tips for keeping your password secure:
* Never tell your password to anyone (this includes significant others, roommates, parrots, etc.).